We work with patients to prevent falls and assist those who have suffered an injury as the result of a fall. We help them maintain or regain independence with daily living activities, and we support them in building their confidence. We also run exercise classes for balance and strength training to reducing the risk of further falls and injury.
Following a referral, we will visit the patient at home to carry out an assessment, and set rehabilitation goals.
Our service includes:
- Mobility assessments
- Providing exercise programmes for rehabilitation
- Assessing the patient’s everyday needs at home e.g. transfers, toileting, bathing
- Providing equipment to aid independence with daily living activities
- Assess and reduce risk of falls, through exercises, equipment and advice
- Classes to improve balance and strength in people who have had falls
Patients do not have to be housebound to access the service.
- Over 18
- Long-term health conditions affecting mobility and function, or risk of falls, or need for on-going rehabilitation following an injury such as a fracture.
- Unable to attend a clinic-based service