What is the Foot-care Service?
We are a service that offers people aged 60+ a simple nail cutting and basic footcare advice. CityCare work in partnership with Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire to provide this subsidised service. The service is delivered by a small team of trained paid staff and volunteers. People who have a long-term health condition, and who do not qualify for NHS podiatry services, are able to access this service at an affordable price.
What do we offer?
- The foot-care service includes a short soak, nail trim, the filing of hard skin, and the application of cream.
- Appointments last approximately 30 - 45 minutes, however the first appointment will be slightly longer.
- We offer follow-up appointments at regular intervals.
- Basic foot-care information and advice.
- St Ann's Valley Centre (Mondays), 2 Livingstone Road, St Ann's, Nottingham NG3 3GG
- Clifton Cornerstone (Tuesdays), Southchurch Drive, Nottingham NG11 8EW
- Sherwood Rise Health Centre (Fridays), 29 Nottingham Road, Nottingham NG7 7AD
People aged 60+ who have a long-term health condition, are not able to cut their own toenails, are registered with a Nottingham City GP and do not qualify for NHS Podiatry Services.
Initial assessment (including provision of personal nail-care pack) - £20
Follow-up appointments - £15
- Help to access other services, including NHS services where appropriate
- An opportunity to meet and have a friendly chat whilst having a hot drink and biscuits
- Access to information booklets and leaflets